You Are Not Alone
22 A Day Veterans Lives Matter is a non-profit organization aimed at reducing and eventually eliminating veteran suicides throughout the United States. We aim to do this by building awareness of the veteran suicides plaguing our nation. Located in Central Maine, 22 A Day Veterans Lives Matter started as a result of losing a dear friend who took their life after the service to their country. We proactively reach out to veterans in need through community involvement and development.
Our goal is to build a gated community for veterans, maintained and run by those that live there.
- Provide homes for veterans who feel helpless.
- Develop walking trails, ATV trails and a range for outside therapy.
- Provide assistance in acquiring service animals for those needing them.
- Build a small community center on the property that will provide a small gymnasium, TV room and pool table.
- Establish PTSD and substance abuse group counseling sessions by local professionals
- Purchase tools, equipment and vehicles to be used by the vets to help maintain the property and to support themselves, such as a snow plow truck and transportation van.
- Rent for each individual will be based on their disability pay received and proceeds will be used to support and expand the community.
- Provide employment guidance and assistance to the vets.
With your help, we can get our veterans the help they deserve and need.